JR Accounting & Co has all of the latest information regarding your COVID-19 queries
JobKeeper Payment for Business Participant
JobKeeper Application Process
To receive the JobKeeper Payment, employers must:
- Apply at ato.gov.au and assess that they have or will likely experience the required turnover decline as detailed below.
- Provide information to the ATO on all eligible employees.
This includes information on the eligible employees engaged as at 1 March 2020 and those currently employed by the business. For most businesses, the ATO will use Single Touch Payroll data to pre-populate the employee details for the business.
- Ensure that each eligible employee receives at least $1,500 per fortnight (before tax).
Employees who receive $1,500 per fortnight or more from their employer will continue to receive their regular income according to their prevailing workplace arrangements. For employees that have been receiving less than this amount, the employer will now need to pay them, at a minimum, $1,500 per fortnight before tax.
- Notify all eligible employees that they are receiving the JobKeeper Payment.
- Continue to provide information to the ATO on a monthly basis, including the number of eligible employees employed by the business.
Under the JobKeeper Payment, affected employers can claim a payment of $1,500 per fortnight per eligible employee from 30 March 2020 until 27 September 2020.